Dr. Vanessa Forstbauer, B.Sc., N.D.
Restorative Health Chilliwack
101-7056 Vedder Rd
Dr. Forstbauers hours are subject to change.
Dr. Vanessa Forstbauer is a primary care provider practicing Naturopathic Medicine at Restorative Health and provides customized care for each individual. She has a general practice caring for everyone from pregnancy and infancy to elderly. Her approach allows individuals to tell their story and to be heard, communicating their health journey thus far and sharing their vision of where they would like to be. Through her compassion and encouragement Dr. Forstbauer creates a space where growth and healing can occur. Dr. Forstbauer considers it a privilege to earn the trust of each one of her patients and be a part of their care team. She strives to offer excellence and success through thoughtful and evidence informed approaches, caring attention, preventative measures and optimal wellness promotion.
Dr. Forstbauer provides in depth intakes, physical exams (including PAP smears and gynecological exams), orders and interprets labwork both from lifelabs and through functional lab testing. She uses all of these findings to inform her treatment plans and takes time to communicate the rationale behind decisions.
Below is a list of some of the various areas that Dr. Forstbauer focuses her practice in:
· Fertility, prenatal and postnatal care
· Female health concerns such as PMS, PCOS, irregular periods, painful periods, endometriosis, fibroids, hormonal imbalances, perimenopause, and menopause.
· Children’s health concerns such as cold and flu prevention and treatment, attention and focus optimization, digestive upset, ear infections, sleep disturbances/insomnia, growing pains and skin concerns
· Preteen and teen concerns such as supporting optimal health through puberty and menarche concerns
· Digestive concerns such as IBS, IBD, SIBO and GERD
· Injury rehab both chronic and acute such as concussions, whiplash, joint pain, muscle tightness and pain
· Metabolic syndrome
· Fatigue and energy concerns such as thyroid and adrenal gland dysregulation and nutrient deficiencies
· Sleep disturbances
· Mental health concerns
· Skin concerns
· Respiratory concerns such as asthma and allergies
· Cardiovascular disease
· Weight loss
Therapeutic interventions that Dr. Forstbauer utilizes most in her practice:
· Dietary and lifestyle counselling
· Clinical nutrition (supplementation when indicated)
· Botanical medicine (using herbs in various forms)
· Traditional Chinese Medicine (including acupuncture, dry needling, trigger point acupuncture)
· Physical medicine (including acupuncture, cupping, massage and light joint manipulation)
· Pharmaceutical medication when indicated (including bioidentical hormone replacement therapy - BHRT)
Dr. Forstbauer is a licensed naturopathic physician with additional training and certification in acupuncture and prescription authority. She is a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors, the British Columbia Naturopathic Association, and the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia.
A little more about Dr. Vanessa Forstbauer:
Dr. Vanessa Forstbauer grew up in Chilliwack heavily involved in sports, community and her family's award-winning organic/biodynamic farm: Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm. Her love for good food, community, health and sports fed her ambitions to work in healthcare so that she could empower people to be their best selves by helping them achieve optimum health.
After high school graduation, Dr. Forstbauer went on to compete for the University of Victoria Vikes Women's basketball team while she completed a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology. Upon graduating, she followed her dreams and explored the world of medicine deciding her future would be in the field of naturopathic medicine.
Dr. Forstbauer has a deep passion for people, community and health. She believes in the importance of empowering her patients with individualized treatments to optimize the health of mind and body. Her clinical internships at Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic, Brampton Civic Hospital’s Naturopathic Teaching Clinic, and at the Sherbourne Health Centre included a focus in sports medicine and as a general practitioner.
Currently Dr. Forstbauer lives in Chilliwack where she continues to be involved with the family farm and youth sports through coaching, refereeing and mentoring.